Monday, January 9, 2012

5 comments Ok, I Give Up

I accidentally posted a "Coach K v. Roy Williams" post from Bleacher Report for a few hours on Saturday evening by mistake. It was supposed to post today. Then I tried to re-post it today and completely forgot to copy and paste the whole thing leaving us with what crap I had here for a few hours that was five sentences long. What a failure on my part. Sorry about that. I will post something tomorrow. So for now, with nothing else better to write at 6pm on a Monday.........

Who do you think will win tonight and why in the BCS National Championship Game where this time, not like the first game between these same two teams, really means something?

I am taking LSU, only for the reason that I never bet against LSU and though Alabama stunk in the first game by missing many field goals I think LSU will get it done tonight because I believe their defense will end up playing better and Jordan Jefferson will play very well tonight. I don't have good reasoning other than, because on paper Alabama looks like they'll win.

So tell me who you think wins in the comments and why...if you want to of course.

5 comments:

rich said...

My comment sucked, no need to repost.

j-dub said...

viffeis this the whole post? Apologies if it is, there just doesn't seem to be a lead in/introduction

Bengoodfella said...

So apparently I deleted my entire post and reduced it to just a few sentences. It was a failure all around. This was not the whole post, it was much longer and much more persuasive.

j-dub said...

I know this is the point that will be talked about endlessly on ESPN, but before we get beaten to death with it, I have to say I was completely dumbfounded jarrett lee wasn't put in after the missed field goal by alabama wth 5 minutes left in the third. They showed him getting loose, warming up, then nothing. LSU goes 3 and out, everyone's thinking "miles HAS to put lee in next drive," and...nothing.

Bengoodfella said...

J-Dub, I know. I thought Lee would come in the game as well. Of course Lee hasn't been great this year, but he did beat Oregon and West Virginia. I thought that would count for something. I've never been as impressed with Jefferson as Les Miles appears to be. I thought Lee should have been in the game since Jefferson clearly wasn't doing squat. Apparently Miles wanted a more mobile quarterback. Not sure why, but whatever.