Monday, August 30, 2010

6 comments NFC South and NFC West 2010 Preview

I am going to do something a little different today. I am going to take more time writing MMQB this week and post it tomorrow, rather than today. So I am still posting MMQB this week.

Dylan and I did another podcast previewing the upcoming NFL year. This time we focused on the last two divisions we needed to cover, the NFC South and the NFC West. I hope you enjoy the chat. A couple notes of course.

1. I think I surprised myself with my Super Bowl pick.

2. There I go defending Matt Leinart again. It is almost like Woody Paige and Tim Tebow, but please know if the Cardinals had a better backup than Derek Anderson I would say Leinart needs to get benched. I think mention how much Anderson sucks 2-3 times (per minute).

3. I talk bad about the Saints and then say they will go 10-6 and say wonderful things about the 49ers and have them go 9-7 in a weak division. Go figure.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!! Not Braylon Edwards!! Hands of granite! Other then that, I like my team, with DeAngelo Williams 2 years in a row!

Bengoodfella said...

I had Edwards on my draft board, so I can't say too much a/b you drafting him. Good job on DeAngelo, that's not a bad pick. I am hoping Stewart gets most of the TDs since I drafted him.

I actually like my team more than I expected to.

ivn said...

once again I get screwed by the east coast start time (worked graveyard the night before and slept through it despite trying to stay up the extra few hours), but unlike last year I didn't get a ghastly team. except for the individual defensive players, which kill me in every league that uses them.

Bengoodfella said...

Ivn, it is the East Coast bias come back to get you! Sorry about that, I almost didn't even make the draft. If the defensive players stink then that is probably the least of your worries. There are always good defensive players on waivers.

FormerPhD said...

There are always good defensive players on waivers.

Does this also include a post about how hard it is to be a fantasy GM and that it's so hard to figure out the waiver rules?

::Braylon Edwards drops a pass::

Sorry Martin.

::Braylon Edwards drops another pass::

Bengoodfella said...

Rich, I will be writing a post later today about how hard it is to get players off waivers in fantasy sports and what a complicated process it is. It should be riveting.

In fantasy waivers, sometimes you have to wait and find out if another player has claimed the person and that process is a nightmare because you have to be able to count to figure it out.

Fortunately, dropped passes isn't a part of the scoring in fantasy.