Monday, March 10, 2008

0 comments What If I Made More Attempts To Be An NBA GM?

Simmonsforgm.com.

I stink at breaking down articles and mocking the writer. This will never stop me, just lower the expectations of the reader (if I ever get any). I went into this article thinking it was going to be two outcomes: A bunch of "What if's" that concern the Celtics where Simmons can write about his favorite team or a bunch of "What if's" that will show off his knowledge of the league, allow him free reign to make shit up and massage his ego. I guessed correctly. It is hard to criticize the article since it is purely a work of fiction. i.e. "What if Darko had turned out to be a stud for Detroit." or "What if Grant Hill had somehow stayed healthy in Orlando?"

I think the question should have been, "What if Detriot drafted Dwayne Wade/Chris Bosh" but what do I know? I could never run an NBA team like Simmons. I also don't have an ego so large that I believe I could have hung out with Tom Brady after the Super Bowl and not gotten kicked out of the room.

0 comments: