Monday, March 10, 2008

0 comments Tyler Hansbrough Has No Skills But Tries Hard

I am not the biggest UNC fan in the world and dislike their man-boy Tyler Hansbrough even more than a normal human ever should but what annoys me most is the perception of him and it is summed up well by Dick Vitale during the Duke-Carolina game Saturday night. And I quote Dickie V...

"Tyler Hansbrough is the only basketball player I have ever seen who tries his hardest on every play and never takes a possession off and that is what makes him so great."

What games is he watching where players are walking up the court playing Guitar Hero and taking bathroom breaks while someone is on the foul line? Maybe he is confusing the NBA with college ball. I don't really know, but what I do know is I watch a lot of college ball and I am pretty, pretty, pretty sure he is not the first basketball player to try his hardest on every play and never take a possession off. I have no proof of this of course, but neither does Dickie V that Hansbrough is the first. It is like he is saying "I am the first person to eat a bucket of ice cream and watch Deal or No Deal while wearing a Speedo." I can't prove it but I can mock it. So it is just a test of wills at this point between me and Dickie V...

Also, enough of the, "he gets the most out of his talent, look at this gritty white person play." Hansbrough is going to be Player of the Year (not a prediction, I just announced it officially, so fuck off nominating/voting committee). Isn't it possible he could just have a lot of skill and what really compliments that skill is how tenacious, annoying he is? Tyler Hansbrough was ranked #10 in his recruiting class and is just about 300 points off the UNC record for points scored. That sounds like an accomplishment to me that belies actual skill. I don't have the box scores but he held his own in High School games against LeBron James and Greg Oden. Check out the boxscore (and when you do send it to me because I spent 20 minutes looking for it online). Can we please give him credit that he might be a good basketball player? Maybe he has skill and he tries? Has anyone ever thought about that? Anyone?....No? Great then...thanks Dickie V for speaking what everyone but me thinks then.

On a side note, I am literally blogging to myself at this point, I need readers.

0 comments: